MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Thanks for logging in. Welcome. Please check out our miscellaneous side too. We all need a break from discussing migraine....Share anything on your mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Thanks for logging in. Welcome. Please check out our miscellaneous side too. We all need a break from discussing migraine....Share anything on your mind.
MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experiences of caffeine

4 posters

Go down

Experiences of caffeine Empty Experiences of caffeine

Post by Another Sarah Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:34 am

I find that, if I don't have any caffeine, when I am desperate with a migraine, having a strong cup of tea helps a little. However, if I have caffeine daily (even in small amounts), I don't get this effect.

Has anyone else tried this? Do you find caffeine affects your head either positively or negatively?

I'm a tea addict, although I restrict myself to two decaff cups a day now (with great difficulty!)

Another Sarah

Female Join date : 2013-02-20
Location Location : Essex

Back to top Go down

Experiences of caffeine Empty Re: Experiences of caffeine

Post by WitsEnd Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:20 am

I avoid it like the plague because it stops me from sleeping lol!

That's a little bit of a lie actually! I treat myself to a 500ml bottle of diet coke on a Friday.
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Female Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by natt12321 Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:43 am

Another tea addict here! I find drinking it spread out through the day is no problem. Coffee on the other hand fives me migraines so if I want coffee it has to be decaf.

natt12321

Female Join date : 2011-06-26
Location Location : Swansea, UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 am

I have never noticed any difference with tea of coffee. I gave up both when I first got migraines. But after a while went back to tea...don't drink much of it.

The OTC pain killers I take have caffeine in them. Again not noticed anything good to bad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Join date : 2010-12-23
Location Location : England

https://migrainesupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Sarah Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:47 pm

It's such a downer that cutting out caffeine doesn't actually help my migraines, and the only good effect is from having caffeine out of the blue! Rolling Eyes

Mind you, it's a good one to have available when desperate. eg. when I went sales shopping after Christmas (a hideous migraine developed on the way in the car, and by the time I got there it was in full force).

Another Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Sarah Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:25 pm

I was just reading that some people have found gunpowder tea to help migraines. It'll probably be foul, as it's a green tea (so actually has less caffeine than regular tea), but it's got to be worth a go! I will report back...

Another Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum