MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Thanks for logging in. Welcome. Please check out our miscellaneous side too. We all need a break from discussing migraine....Share anything on your mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Thanks for logging in. Welcome. Please check out our miscellaneous side too. We all need a break from discussing migraine....Share anything on your mind.
MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olivia Robert's book. Available Stateside now.

+2
WitsEnd
Admin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Olivia Robert's book. Available Stateside now. Empty Olivia Robert's book. Available Stateside now.

Post by Admin Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:15 am

Hi all,

I am looking into this lady's book. It sounds a bit strange, but is in synch with my own theories...

Most of you will know I believe we have a root cause for many of our problems...mine being migraine, IBS and fibro.
Last week I met a rheumatologist who, for once, didnt stick to the co morbid line, he also thinks they are symptoms of a root cause.

So this book is just out, and, as I say, it sounds strange, but to me, it makes sense.
I thought it only fair to post it here, just in case anyone else wants to try.

Oh it is available in other countries I think. And as I have already looked into it a bit, if you have any questions, fire away. (might be a bit slow, cant say I feel great right now with this continuing sinus/toothache thing Sad )

Pen

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Admin on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Join date : 2010-12-23
Location Location : England

https://migrainesupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Olivia Robert's book. Available Stateside now. Empty Re: Olivia Robert's book. Available Stateside now.

Post by Admin Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:53 am

I know one of our members has ordered the book as well.
It is so nice to have a book by someone who has endured migraines. You can tell her understanding from reading just a few pages.

Those of you who are open minded about different methods, and especially who have other so called co-morbids might find it worth the price. It's £12 I think.
Not a lot, and the process is painless, and she says you dont have to believe it, just do it...

Pen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Olivia Robert's book. Available Stateside now. Empty Re: Olivia Robert's book. Available Stateside now.

Post by WitsEnd Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:16 am

The thing that spoke to me loudest in your first post Pen is that you have found a neuro who is listening to you and who is thinking outside the box!

Great news for you Pen! Hopefully he/she can help you!
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Female Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:27 am

Ah that would be because in my drugged state I wrote Neuro and meant Rheumy.....sorry for that.

And no he cant help me at all, but I really enjoyed meeting him and his attitude to fibro and migraine and especially the useless infective drugs was refreshing.

I shall now correct my post, sorry Witsy.

The book is a better deal for me, no question.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WitsEnd Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:37 am

Ah I see! Too good to be true, huh!

I hope the book is of some help to you. You deserve a break! X
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:48 am

Thanks Witsy. I think it could be of use to most of us.
There is a root cause for all of this, and it isnt as simple as genetics. When I read about the "neurological Wave" theory in this book, it made perfect sense. Could explain so much.

Can you imagine, if I improve with this book, everyone who knows of my situation will be amazed. I mean, if it can fix me, it can likely fix you all.....And already has done for over 200 people.

Its a small investment at £12. An easy and fascinating read, and although somewhat bizarre, not exactly hard work. What do we have to loose, except £12??? cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WitsEnd Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:16 am

12 quid well spent if it helps!!! Very Happy
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:21 am

Indeed. Gonna risk it????
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WitsEnd Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:31 am

Dare I say.... I'm actually in a good place just now re migraine. I'm not going to temp fate!!! silent
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:37 am

Oh no, dont do that. I am using this book because it covers Fibro and IBS too. And also helps tackle anxiety, which I have sometimes. But no, if it aint broke, as they say. Good for you Witsy....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Migrainegirl Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:59 pm

So Pen what does it recommend you do?
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Female Join date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:20 am

Well, it does sound bizarre, but briefly (because I am a bit drugged today). It falls in with my way of thinking.

As you know I have IBS, FMS and migraines, and I dont believe this is coincidence. This lady suffered all these things as well and discovered what she calls that the body endures "neurological waves". These can be responsible for many symptoms.

Now probably the book synopsis is a better call than me, but through some simple processes, which you can do for yourself and with no need of believe just consistency, many people have recovered. I have checked this and something like 200 people are fixed, or at the least partially fixed. And NO drugs have ever done this for me.

This lady is now known to me, as I contacted her subsequent to the article in the paper (in England).

Perhaps it might help more than I can MG>
My thoughts, given what I have spent, and that Olivia is not any snake oil person, £12 for a book. What do we have to loose....and potentially a lot to gain...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:07 am

Just wanted to update everyone on Olivia Robert's book.
I know a few of you, and some from my FB groups have taken the plunge and bought the book.

Just wondered how everyone is finding it, and to say it is out early Stateside. Like now, instead of April.

Well worth a try according to the people I have spoken to who used the process.

Pen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by natt12321 Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:57 am

I saw this topic was active and the first thing I thought was how everyone else might be getting on with it.

What about you Pen? How are you finding it?

natt12321

Female Join date : 2011-06-26
Location Location : Swansea, UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:28 pm

Good thanks Nat. I was actually seeing some changes for the better. Until the damn teeth problems.

I cant wait to get past this, and get back on track.

I would say it is worth the £12 risk to anyone.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathy Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:30 am

I thought it sounded a lot like self-hypnosis and I saw on a profile that Olivia Roberts did go to a school of Psychotherapy and Hypnosis so she must incorporate a lot of that in there. It sounds very interesting but also like a lot of work...which would be well worth it if it helped the migraines.

I'm going to think about it. I've purchased so many books, CDs and DVDs and then regret spending the money but then I don't want to pass up something that might work.

Keep us posted, Pen. I'd like to know about your progress.

-Cathy
Cathy
Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:48 am

Cathy it is nothing like self hypnosis. I am a trained hypnotherapist and it isnt even similar. Thank goodness because as a sort of occupational hazard, that doesnt work on me.... Surprised

Olivia did indeed do probably similar courses to myself, but this process is great because you run it yourself. She discovered it by accident when she was very ill herself. She also spent some time in the pharmaceutical industry, so understand them quite a bit too.

Linda is trying it, I will see if she will come on and post her findings.

I cant say if it will help you, but it is £12 here, and I thought a very small investment after the pounds I have wasted. It makes a lot of sense to me, and it isnt hard work at all to me.

I like that she says you dont have to believe it, just do it....I dont think it is a quick fix, but then, I have nothing else.

Will keep you posted for sure. Cool
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ann004 Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:04 pm

OK, i am finally connected. I am enthusiastic about the book. I am about half through. I started practicing her techniques immediately--haven't had a migraine yet. Could be too early but if nothing else I do believe that we can condtrol a lot of what goes on with us and there is absolutely no side effects and nothing to lose. Thinking positive works in many areas of our lives. The author seems to be a positiv person.

ann004

Female Join date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks Linda. Good to have you back... Smile

I wanted to dispel the idea that this is anything like self hypnosis. Or indeed that it is hard work. It is not.

It is perhaps a little like NLP, but it is all totally self controlled so you take it at your own pace, and go as fast or as gently as you like.

I would encourage everyone on here with migraine, IBS, Fibro and a multitude of other problems too numerous to mention to give it a try.

It cost £12, not sure what that is i dollars....Linda???
It is interesting and makes sense to me, and everyone else I know who has purchased it.

Give it a go, it is such a small investment and many many people are finding it helpful. I am enthusiastic about it.

Before anyone asks, no I am not on commission..... cheers Just trying to make everyone aware..... Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ann004 Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:16 am

Why would someone think it is self-hypnosis--not even close. I am a skeptic, but all I can say is that I have not had my usual migraines. They start coming on (so it isn't like I am having a reprieve) but I have been able to push them away. Whether it is luck or this works, I do not know yet. Certainly nothing to lose. And it takes no time at all. I haven't invested any time because I haven't had time. When I do, I will sit down and spend a little more time. I'm talking "minutes", not "hours". This has got to be the easier thing out there to at least try.

ann004

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathy Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:57 am

That was me who thought it might be like self-hypnosis. I looked at her credientials and thought from reading about the descriptions that it seemed in the same direction as the self-hypnosis CDs I had purchased. My bad.

My curiosity got the better of me and I did purchase it. I should be receiving it by the end of the week. I'm encouraged to read it's helping and can't wait to get it. I hope I get it before the weekend so I have time to read. On the weekdays I'm just too wiped out to read anything.

-Cathy
Cathy
Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:30 am

Good job Cathy.... Smile I hope it helps you.
Well done for taking the risk. How much is it in dollars?

If, when it arrives you want to chat. Fire away.
I have read most of it now, and also had Olivia comment on one of my FB groups, so can maybe get some advice if necessary.

It was not your bad Cathy. A lady on my FB group said it was self hypnosis. It really isnt. There is a CD with it, it lasts about 20 minutes, and it is to set up the sub conscious for the program sunny . You never use it again, nor even refer to it.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ann004 Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:47 am

I forgot to add something else regarding whoever was concerned about this being self-hypnosis. Say it was (which it isn't) who cares? I also feel the same about pain medications. If they work, why would you worry about addiction (which if used properly won't happen anyway). Life is too short to live in pain because of "possible" complications. Even if you became addicted, wouldn't pain free be better than being not addicted and living with migraine? Never understood that one.I don't know of anything more complicated than living with migraines. Even if the technique was self-hypnosis and it worked, why would someone care if it was self-hypnosis?

ann004

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:23 am

Linda, I think from the person on my FB group, it was because the have bought many SH CDs and none of them have helped.

Actually hypnosis is notoriously bad at helping migraines.
Trust me I'm a hypnotherapist.
I think it is because it requires too much from a hurting head....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:13 am

Checked it out on Amazon $13.50.

Be brave, try it, you may be glad you did.

Cathy did yours arrive??
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum