MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Thanks for logging in. Welcome. Please check out our miscellaneous side too. We all need a break from discussing migraine....Share anything on your mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Thanks for logging in. Welcome. Please check out our miscellaneous side too. We all need a break from discussing migraine....Share anything on your mind.
MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh from the Beeb. No more Botox....

3 posters

Go down

Fresh from the Beeb. No more Botox.... Empty Fresh from the Beeb. No more Botox....

Post by Admin Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:39 pm

So how about the rest of the world???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The chief executive of The Migraine Trust, Wendy Thomas, told the BBC: "I'm a bit disappointed really.

"For these people with chronic migraine, they've already tried various preventative treatments which have failed. For these people their only hope is Botox.

"It doesn't work for everybody - it can change people's lives or not make very much difference."

A bit disappointed.....I think we can manage a bit more than that....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Join date : 2010-12-23
Location Location : England

https://migrainesupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Fresh from the Beeb. No more Botox.... Empty Re: Fresh from the Beeb. No more Botox....

Post by Admin Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:07 am

On the other hand, the Daily Mail have taken a different slant.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fresh from the Beeb. No more Botox.... Empty Re: Fresh from the Beeb. No more Botox....

Post by tecky Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:58 am

I didn't receive any relief from botox when I tried it about 3 years ago.

My nephew is getting it now, just waiting for his second round. Hopefully it will help him.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:27 pm

I hope it helps him. It seems to not be quite the success they hoped for, and quite expensive...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tecky Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks, Pen. I hope so, too.

My nephew has served one tour of duty in Iraq and one in Afganistan and is now working as a law enforcement officer. He is married and has two children. He's a strong guy and a really wonderful person, and I wish he didn't have to suffer this way like we do.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathy Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:33 am

Same here with the botox. It did nothing for me. But I had to try it and find out. Insurance paid nothing and the cost was terrible. But we have to keep trying everything we can.
Cathy
Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:52 am

We so Cathy, and for those that Botox does help, surely they should get it. It wouldnt cost any more in England than a large level of Tritpans...We deserve to be helped...
They have a duty of care. It should not be down to drs discretion or cost.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum