MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Thanks for logging in. Welcome. Please check out our miscellaneous side too. We all need a break from discussing migraine....Share anything on your mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Thanks for logging in. Welcome. Please check out our miscellaneous side too. We all need a break from discussing migraine....Share anything on your mind.
MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraines and colic in babies

4 posters

Go down

Migraines and colic in babies Empty Migraines and colic in babies

Post by Cathy Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:25 am

I saw this on the news on tv. Apparently women who get migraines have babies with more colic. I know my babies were pretty bad with colic. I wonder if anyone else saw a connection?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-Cathy

Cathy
Cathy

Back to top Go down

Migraines and colic in babies Empty Re: Migraines and colic in babies

Post by Admin Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:53 am

Interesting Cathy. My eldest, my son had dreadful colic, but I didnt have migraines until over 20 years later. My girls did not get colic.

My son's youngest, a girl has colic, but the older two didnt have it. Neither he or his wife have migraines, or even headaches....

Not sure what I think...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Join date : 2010-12-23
Location Location : England

https://migrainesupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathy Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:38 am

I wondered about it too, really. When I heard it on the news I just wondered if it could be coincidence.
Cathy
Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:53 am

Someone else has said about the link only being in breast fed babies. My son was formula fed, and his youngest has been both!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lesherb Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:46 am

My mother said I was colicky. I have 2 children and neither one was collicky but the older one has had occasional migraines.

I think it's one of those things that looks like a pattern but ends up being a coincidence.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:52 am

I think the same Leslie. And despite a debate on FB with one of the migraine advocates who told me it is going to help people, I am not sure how.

To me if this is a given (not convinced of that).
Its just another guilt trip.
She told me otherwise, but I wouldnt want to think my migraines were responsible for my baby's colic.
Knowing I cant do a bloody thing about it....

Bit that's just me...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tecky Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:28 am

I have two sons. Both were nursed. My oldest does not have migraines and did not have colic. My youngest had colic and started having migraines as a very young child.

I was not nursed as a baby, but I remember my mother saying that I was a colicky baby (I was often sick as a baby). My younger brother has migraines, too, but I don't know if he had colic. We have two older siblings (18 and 10 years older than me, respectively), but neither has migraines. None of my siblings were nursed either.

I'm not sure about this news, though. I agree that it may just be chance or coincidence.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down