MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Thanks for logging in. Welcome. Please check out our miscellaneous side too. We all need a break from discussing migraine....Share anything on your mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Thanks for logging in. Welcome. Please check out our miscellaneous side too. We all need a break from discussing migraine....Share anything on your mind.
MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

botox for me, advice from you, please (time 3)

5 posters

Go down

botox for me, advice from you, please (time 3) Empty botox for me, advice from you, please (time 3)

Post by dailyha-rose Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:50 am

hi,

this is my third attempt to post something about botox. can't remember what keys i hit the first time and just now(i am friggin livid right now) i hit send and my server dropped me. but where is my post?

i am scheduled to have botox in april. i am scared. 31 injection sites.

see other post (if you want)
i am also planning to take a cruise! later in april.

can someone tell me about their experience with botox. any ideas, stories, suggestions???

rose

good news, doing a search i can see that last year pen gave us 2 links to help us decide etc. about botox

still would really love to hear from you guys

dailyha-rose

Female Join date : 2011-03-25
Location Location : wisconsin

Back to top Go down

botox for me, advice from you, please (time 3) Empty Re: botox for me, advice from you, please (time 3)

Post by Admin Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Rose,

I was offered Botox, but then it never came.
NHS decided not to support it. The responses are not good enough they say.

Most folk seem to find the injections painful for a while, but I guess not too bad.

The results seem to vary a lot. Seems to me from my anecdotal experience. The best hit is the second session, if it works on the first. It can take weeks to set in apparently.

I can see what the NHS are saying. It is not working as well for many, as was hoped.

BUT, surely we should all get what we need for relief.
I know a few who live for their Botox, and others who are deprived of their Triptans.....whatever gets you through, surely.

Let us know what you decide, and I hope someone else comments. Slow on here, but dont give up....

PS: No idea about your post, sorry. I never delete posts.

Pen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Join date : 2010-12-23
Location Location : England

https://migrainesupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

botox for me, advice from you, please (time 3) Empty Re: botox for me, advice from you, please (time 3)

Post by dailyha-rose Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:19 am

pen,
i had the same problem with ronda's , somehow i would hit the wrong key(s) and /or the server would drop me.

i do hope someone will comment as i don't want to do the botox treatment if there is the slightest chance that it could make me feel worse with my M.
i don't want to miss the cruise.

rose

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:01 am

I think it takes a week or so to get over the shots for some people, but not all.

Come on Botox people, see if you can help... Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathy Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:40 am

I had botox but it seems to be a completely different treatment than what you're talking about. I only had 6 injection sites and they said it would help in a day or two if it was going to help. So that treatment sounds really interesting.

It didn't help me, but I do know people who it helped. They've done it for years and start getting headaches as it wears off. I wish it would have helped me but I never regret trying it. I will try anything that has any chance of helping.

Good luck! I hope you're one of the fortunate ones and it stops your migraines! Let us know how it works.

-Cathy
Cathy
Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post by dailyha-rose Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:13 pm

thanks cathy!

i wonder what the heck kind of botox i would be having with 31 sites vs 6. i better check out the links that pen gave us a while back.

i wish that it worked for you. it would be great to have any off label use "med". work for us.

i have to watch myself that i don't get too excited that it will be the miracle that we all wait for. i even started talking about returning to work!!!

hope springs eternal - i guess.

thanks,

rose

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:33 pm

thirty one points is normal Rose. Everyone here gets that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dailyha-rose Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:08 am

i wonder why cathy only got 6.
can't help but think 6 sounds better than 31 -- just because i am afraid of it.

thanks, pen

rose

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:53 am

It does sound scary, but I dont think they are really big needles. Most do go back, so how bad can it be.... affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tecky Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:10 am

Rose,

I had botox one time back in 2008. I don't know how many injections there were, but I'd say it was closer to 31 rather than six. The injections did not bother me in the least, especially compared to the pain I was already in from the migraines and my neck. However, the botox did not help, and my doctor advised me that it was not worth trying again at that time if it did nothing the first time.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post by dailyha-rose Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:57 am

thanks,

i am starting to think that the anticipation is going to be worse than the event.

i'll just plan on a driver in case i feel worse.

don't be mad tecky, but did you ever have those facet nerve blocks for neck pain?

i had them in the hospital and though my neck does not hurt the doctors said it did hurt???? and that the blocks would help. they did not.

i have tried nearly every thing and know sometimes even on this site it can be irritating for people to ask if you have tried something. those blocks do work for other people. just wondering.

thanks

roe

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Post by tecky Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 am

Not a problem, Rose. The ones that irritate me are the suggestions for "quack"-type "cures". I welcome suggestions from others who really know what we're experiencing, like you. Thank you for your suggestion.

I have had facet blocks done twice. I was scheduled to have it a third time, but my insurance denied pre-authorization. Sad

I understand totally the anticipation of these procedures. I wish when we decide to have them done, that we could just have them immediately so we didn't have time to worry about it.

Take care and please keep us updated on how you do after the botox.

tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:24 am

As I am not now likely to be offered Botox again, and nothing else works, I am going to try Olivia's book.

I have no place left to go it seems, so might as well.

My neuro has just messed me about...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dailyha-rose Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:42 am

hi,

well monday at 4:00 is my appointment. will fill you in as soon as i can.
have not been on as i just did not feel well and have other problems (who does'nt).

fingers crossed. could it really come down to this after childhood migraines and the last 20 yrs. of pills, diets and treatments?

i will let you know.

rose

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Migrainegirl Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Rose, I did it, but it did not work for me. But it didn't really hurt or cause any problems either, so that's something. They are very minor little pricks, not deep like getting a vacination or any thing.(And I really hate needles, so that's saying something.) I think it helps to get someone who is very experienced in exactly where to do the injections. Some people swear by them, so maybe it will work for you. Certainly worth giving it a shot! (sorry, bad pun).
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Female Join date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dailyha-rose Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:56 am

hi,

well i did it. yesterday around 5:00 i got my 31 injections. migrainegirl (above) was right. did not hurt a lot or cause any problems (so far). it hurt a little. i cannot believe i made it in to the appt. as i had a really bad migraine. what a rotten day.

after my botox i drove across town and met my husband who drove me home. after i had 2 more injections for my migraine. morphine and an anti-nauseant.

so, going back to bed now as i had to get up early to vote and then pick up my vehicle from the urgent care parking lot.

will keep you all informed. tired, time for sleep.

fingers crossed this will work and then i can return to work! no more pain?

rose

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Migrainegirl Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Fingers crossed for you! They say it takes a few days to settle in before you know if it is working. Hoping the best happens.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Female Join date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dailyha-rose Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:37 pm

hi,

well no changes at all after botox.

same old daily headaches and weekly migraines. Sad

will update you if i have some success.

i look like spock from star trek. also now i cannot frown/wrinkle my forehead!!!!

rose

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:44 am

Is there maybe still time Rose. I hear it can take weeks to kick in....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tecky Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:00 am

Rose,

Has the botox given you any relief yet? Hope so.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post by dailyha-rose Wed May 02, 2012 12:12 am

hi,

i have not noticed any decrease in daily headaches or the weekly migraines.

just got back last night from our cruise, so i am exhausted but will explain more here and/or the cruise post i started.

i appreciate you asking and will post more soon.

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Seems to be more dont than do get relief Rose...sorry it didnt help...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down