MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Thanks for logging in. Welcome. Please check out our miscellaneous side too. We all need a break from discussing migraine....Share anything on your mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Thanks for logging in. Welcome. Please check out our miscellaneous side too. We all need a break from discussing migraine....Share anything on your mind.
MIGRAINE SUPPORT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time of running out of triptans

5 posters

Go down

First time of running out of triptans Empty First time of running out of triptans

Post by crt Thu May 10, 2012 8:45 am

I have been very successfully taking Maxalt-MLT since 1998. It is a miracle drug for me and allows me to work full time. My insurance allows me 12 a month. I often have several left over for the month which has allowed me to stockpile.

For quite a long time after my emergency gall bladder surgery last summer, my migraine frequency was reduced so I built up an even larger extra supply of Maxalt. My allergies have been awful this year and started up early - February.

I was coughing so much that it made my neck very painful, which then triggered a migraine. Last month I used up my extras plus the 12 I get a month. This was the first time ever that I ran out before my next prescription was due. I forgot how very devastating migraines are without medication. I have been spoiled by the Maxalt.

I toughed it out at work with a migraine but the effort was futile. I might as well have gone home. Out of 8 hours, I managed 1 hour of decent work. And 1 hour is all I'm going to charge for on my time card.

I called my pharmacy and then my Dr's office begging them to let me have my Maxalt prescription a few days early. Fortunately, they went for it. Thank goodness.

I know that some of you don't get any relief from anything so you might not have much sympathy for me. I know, I know. "Quit you're whining!" I am spoiled by the Maxalt, I admit. But before the triptans, I survived decades with no help other than hot showers.

Chris

crt

Back to top Go down

First time of running out of triptans Empty Re: First time of running out of triptans

Post by natt12321 Thu May 10, 2012 10:43 am

I know exactly how you feel!! I went 16 years before I was even of age to take triptans, and I survived with various concoctions of drugs, hot showers and sleep. Now if I can't beat it with OTC painkillers and don't have a Maxalt on me (I only get 6 a month which is usually fine) I'm completely useless! I dunno how I lasted so many years really.

natt12321

Female Join date : 2011-06-26
Location Location : Swansea, UK

Back to top Go down

First time of running out of triptans Empty Re: First time of running out of triptans

Post by Cathy Thu May 10, 2012 11:03 pm

I don't think anyone here will ever tell you to quit your whining. We all understand. I try not to talk about them because, after 40 years, I'm so sick of it I can't even stand to hear myself talk about it.

I posted a long time ago about how I knocked over my painkiller bottle and they went behind the fridge. I was running out and was so desperate that I had someone help me move my fridge. Do you know what it looks like under there? I had to sort through all this dust and dirt. Gross. But I pulled them out, wiped them off and took them. I was that desperate. Rolling Eyes

We all go through it and all we want is relief. It's too bad we have to jump through all these hoops to get help.

Hang in there. I hope it gets better.
Cathy
Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonella Thu May 24, 2012 1:36 am

Hi Chris,
I can relate sooooooooooooooooooooo well!
I take an OTC so I should not run out of my drugs. Theoretically I shouldn't, but practically it has recently happened and I was in total despair!!!

Cathy, I know what you mean. I use suppositories and in summertime I find it difficult to use them "at their best" when I'm not at home.
In the past, I've had to beg the owner of a cafeteria to keep my supp. in their fridge for 10 minutes, I've had to oblige my hubby to drive above speed limits with the car air conditioner at max, etc....

Antonella
Antonella

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 25, 2012 10:57 pm

I got so close to running out last month. They had me on tetracycline. It gave me dreadful migraine. Then I got a heavy cold. More migraine.

I scared myself with how many I took. And the fear of not making it to May. I did. Just.

What lives we lead. Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Join date : 2010-12-23
Location Location : England

https://migrainesupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down